Thursday, August 4, 2011

White Knuckled Flying!

I am glad I am alive. No matter how much Rick tells me all was completely safe and in control, I was terrified! As we crossed those dang old Rockies and the Continental Divide, the winds decided to come down through the mountains and rattle our tiny little plane. The bumps were so bad, my glasses and some papers were knocked out of the pocket that we hold our "stuff" in. I could say it was worse than a roller coaster, but I don't like roller coasters and have never been on one. And I think that roller coasters are smooth. This was like slamming your hand down on the table. Now granted this only happened 3 times, but the rest of the time we were rocking this way and that. I hated it. It was NOT Mom Flying Weather!!!!! Add to this, we were at 13,500 feet, mountains all around us, and clouds coming in. Not a pretty picture. There is nothing really to hold onto, not that that would help, so I gripped the edge of the plane and gritted my teeth. I did this for 30 minutes. And eventually we landed. Properly. Rick was so sweet to me the rest of the day, that it was like our honeymoon. I know he was thinking I would get that commercial flight out of Bozeman, and then he would be very lonely all the rest of the way home! I am hoping to get a Medal for Bravery. That would be to rival Monk's Star Puppy Medal.

Speaking of Monk, David's reports have me a bit concerned. First he broke his metal choke collar because he wanted to chase something. I should have know - it was a soccer ball. Then today I hear that he broke his wire cable. That was because his friend, Will, came to play with him and David forgot to release the cable.  Then David tells me he chewed the molding on a door frame. I am beside myself, and he texts back "I made that one up." Really, I have had some tough days!


--
Karen
Please note my new email address

No comments:

Post a Comment