Saturday, July 30, 2011

Mount Hood

Having lots of fun in Portland!

After wasting time with Sprint who said they had never seen such a problem before and could NOT retrieve any of my missing pics and could only hope it wouldn't occur again, we set off for more adventures at Mount Hood.

We took the chair lift up the mountain and then rode down on the alpine slide. Never had done this before - felt like I was on the luge! And it was a half mile long. Good thing Amy and Dave never let me see the guy with two bandaged arms and his face covered with road burn from flying off the luge! I only saw him as we left and heard his gruesome story since I couldn't help but ask what happened. He didn't remember much, but certainly heard about it from all the spectators!

That's Amy and Dave with Mount Hood in the background. Perfectly beautiful day with crystal clear views of the mountain (11,000 feet high- we were at 3,500 and Portland is at 65 feet elevation).

No comments:

Post a Comment